Social Media Manager
Facebook. Instagram. LinkedIn. YouTube. WeChat. As part of our Social Media and Content team at Hodes, you’ll be a sharp social strategist, who can breathe life into a wide range of social media platforms. You’ll know your social media inside and out. In fact, to paraphrase the Kaiser Chiefs, you never miss a tweet. (And you know your stuff enough to notice that we didn’t mention Twitter in the intro. Good spot.)
Working across a variety of industries, with clients who range from global brands to niche organisations, you’ll help deliver bespoke social strategies that meet and exceed each client’s expectations. You’ll be passionate about creating thoughtful social campaigns backed by real insight, and you’ll contribute to both concepting and executing those campaigns.
Day in, day out, you’ll be responsible for ensuring the strategic direction of your accounts and you’ll monitor their performance down to the finest details, liaising daily with our clients to keep them updated. You’ll be pro-active in your approach too, always making sure content flow is efficient and communities are healthy and growing. You’ll also support our Media planning and buying efforts, analysing ad spend to ensure our placements are effective.
In addition you’ll lead on specific social media campaigns, which could range from local surgically targeted pieces, to broad global awareness drivers. If you’re happy taking a project from zero to hero, then you’ll fit in perfectly!
You’ll also have the opportunity to line manage within the team, becoming a mentor, providing direction and giving your general support to a dedicated colleague.
Your key tasks
- Take ownership of a number of social channels for a variety of clients – across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn
- Help define the strategy and own the objectives and KPIs produced from this
- Continually look for the next best thing in social and analyse how this can be used
- Play an important role in new business – adding input into pitch decks, attending meetings etc
- Ensure the strategic approach is integrated across all touch points
- Plan and brief content creation
- Ensure content is created, posted and monitored
- Liaise with clients to confirm content calendars, provide updates, suggest new creative ideas etc
- Find opportunities to proactively create conversations across social channels
- Create detailed and meaningful reports for clients and internal teams
- Work well with the Client teams in ensuring briefs are followed and executed
- Support Media campaign planning and execution – updating and optimising campaigns across social
- Work closely with the Social Media, Creative and Design teams to ensure all content, assets and deliverables are met
- Ensure best practice and innovative ideas are visible across all social content produced
We’ll need you to hit the ground running in this role, and your time management will be second to none. A fantastic communicator on page and in person, you’ll also be an avid social media user, and you’ll have a strong presence across all major social channels. Maybe even some up-and-coming ones we haven’t heard of – you’d be the first person to know about them, after all. Finally, and most importantly, you’ll need experience and first-hand knowledge of the crucial role social media plays in brand engagement.
Your key skills and experience
- You’ll have significant experience working across social media, including producing social content and managing this process
- You’ll have strong verbal and written skills, both in a day to day capacity and when talking to very senior client contacts
- You’ll have a track record managing and responding to large digital communities and maybe even some experience in Media Planning and Buying, although this isn’t essential
- You’ll have experience creating and implementing strategies across social and the content space
- You’ll be a stickler for detail and never leave a client question unanswered
- You’ll see the ‘bigger picture’ and know how to plan ahead
- You’ll be able to see the value in analytics and where this plays a crucial role
- Your dedication to detail will only be matched by your commitment to brilliant time management and organisation
- You’ll be comfortable working both autonomously and as part of a team to tight deadlines
- You’ll, of course, be Creative, understanding and flexible in approach
Think this is the role for you? Please send us a covering letter, CV and mention in an Instagram post using #HodesSocial why you’re the best fit for the team!Apply